Exeter Rugby Group Ltd takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting your personal information. By visiting www.exeterchiefs.co.uk including all related sub-domain names (together ‘our site’), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party website/digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website/digital platform that you visit.
Data Protection Officer
Sandy Park Stadium
Sandy Park Way
Information we collect and what we use it for
When we provide you with products or services we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and payment card details. We may also record details of any disability or health needs you may have at the time of booking an event or service which will take place at the stadium or any of our other premises to help to ensure your comfort and safety.
When you sign up with us for an online account, register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our sponsors and partners), enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and may use it to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling and market research.
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how our fans use our digital platforms to enable us create better content and more relevant communications:
- how you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
- your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into and administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already browsed or enquired about;
- to enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter into
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- to notify you of changes of our services
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes
- for record keeping purposes
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we may send you
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
News, offers and opportunities from us
We want you to be the first to know about new signings, competitions, club news, ticket availability and more. If you haven’t already signed up to receive these exciting benefits please click here. You can unsubscribe by clicking here, or by writing to us at the address above.
Please note, if you don’t choose to receive this information, we will be unable to keep you informed of new services, products, events or special offers that may interest you and our ability to inform you of ticketing opportunities may be affected.
Disclosure of your information
In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, payment processing organisations, delivery organisations, fraud prevention and screening and credit risk management companies, and mailing houses.
We may share your data with third parties (a) if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so, (b) if it is necessary to do so to enforce our terms and conditions of sale or other contractual rights, (c) to lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity, (d) where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons, and/or (e) otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
We may share your data with our carefully selected sponsors and partners (as may change from time to time) but we will only do this if you have consented to receive marketing relating to our sponsors and partners or if one of the conditions in the paragraph above applies.
We may provide our advertisers with aggregate information about our users (e.g. we may inform them that 100 women from Exeter clicked on their advertisement). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target, plus enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called 'cookies' on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Security of information
When you submit your credit card details to us, we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to guard your information. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that transmission of information via the internet is secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Please note that for your safety and security, CCTV is in operation in all of our premises which are open to the public.
More about your information - your rights
You may correct or update your personal information at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by changing your profile on our website. Please include your name, address, date of birth and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have subscribed to receive marketing communications, you can unsubscribe here at any time.
We will securely retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary and in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to submit a request that your data be deleted, please write to us at the above address. You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please write to us at the address above if you wish to exercise this right.
- “In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.”